Training from a distance is a wonderful way to test your pup and build your relationship with them. If you aren’t familiar, distance training is putting your dog into a sit, down or place and walking a good distance away while they remain. But, what extra long retractable dog leash is best for distance training?
A lot of trainers don’t recommend retractable leashes, but they are perfect for distance training and for recall training. We highly recommend the flexi retractable leash for this purpose.
Here’s our in-depth review.
- This Flexi lead offers up to 26 feet of leash. The longest on the market and perfect for distance training.
- The tape handles dogs up to 110 lbs.
- Intuitive handling, thanks to convenient brake button and ergonomic grip handle.
- Fast, reliable response by the short-stop one-handed braking system.
- This leash can be upgraded individually with the optional LED Lighting System (see below), that increases visibility in the dark.
- Be careful with the cord or tape, especially if you have an excitable dog. They are easily chewed, snapped etc. This is the right choice for distance training but not as your everyday leash.
We highly recommend the Flexi 26 foot extra long retractable dog leash for distance training. It’s perfect for pursuing this fantastic relationship builder with your dog. Distance training builds trust and confidence in your dog. And, using a long leash to train recall is far superior to just letting your dog loose and hoping they come back.
Looking for something else? Check out our reviews of the best retractable dog leashes here.