So our dog, Denver, ate his bed the other day. (You can read more about it here.) We spent quite a bit of time researching the best dog beds for anxious dogs who chew or dig in their crates. One of the beds that really stuck out to us was the Veehoo elevated dog bed. Mostly because the design hits a lot of the right notes while also being affordable.
Here’s our in-depth review of the Veehoo elevated dog bed.
- Composed of rustless aluminum frame and mesh fabric. All the edges of the Dog Bed Mat are wrapped directly inside the bed frame to prevent chewing.
- Upgraded material and structure offer strong stability, Veehoo Raised dog bed can hold a maximum weight of 150 pounds.
- Bed is sturdy and breathable- very comfortable. Sleeping with an elevated dog bed is more comfortable, cleaner, dryer, and healthier compared to the ground.
- Easy to Clean. For the pet hair, dirt, grime (or other stains brought by your dog from outside lawn), simply hose off with water and allow to dry. Besides, you can also wipe them clean with a wet towel.
- Easy to Assemble. Screws and hex tool are included. And more, some accessories have been assembled and can be installed directly. Portable and Perfect for indoor, outdoor, picnic, camping, training… Quality sleep on the go!
- This bed is for your garden variety diggers and chewers. Please keep in mind that if you have a highly, highly anxious dog they will still be able to destroy this bed. It’s for most dogs but not for all of them!
- Some reviewers are reporting that the bed can start to sag with extra heavy dogs. You might consider the extra-large Veehoo elevated dog bed if you have a big pup.
What are reviewers saying?
This bed is serious support for our big boy!! We have had a couple of other elevated dog beds that don’t even come close to the quality of this one. If you are looking for a nice quality elevated dog bed that will actually support instead of sagging…this is the one!! For reference, our dog is 90 pounds and it supports him with zero issue!! Very pleased!!
Fantastic upgrade from our Collaroo beds for our 15 year old arthritic put mix & new GSP puppy!!! Durable steel sleek finish!! I really wasting too crazy buying initially as this is obviously a copy of the original Luranda design, but the Veehoo build is a “significant upgrade” to other brands, this worth considering…TIP = I wanted to upgrade the “plain feel of the vynl top surface. Since this brand does not offer a comply topper, I bough an alternative cot from vendor K&H pets. K&H has a “junky” knock-off version of this bed, but their fleece pad works well with the veehoo; perfect fit!!!
Reviewers love this dog bed and you most likely will, too. It offers a strong design and is made from really high quality materials while also being affordable.
If you have a super large pup or a super chewer you might look at the K9 ballistics.
Otherwise, if you think this will work for you, check it out here on Amazon!
Let me know what you think about the Veehoo in the comments below. Talk you soon!