Keeping with our theme of products that help our pups integrate with our lifestyle from the last post, the best dog stollers, today we are looking at the best pet stairs on Amazon!
Is your small pup too short to jump up on the couch? Has your dog’s age caught up to his knees and he can’t make the leap onto the bed like he used to? Is your back hurting from constantly helping your dog on and off the furniture? Here are the best dog steps to help your dog be part of the family cuddles.
- 1 What Kind of Features are we Looking For?
- 2 PetSafe CozyUp Folding Pet Steps – The Best Collapsible Dog Stairs for Small to Medium Dogs
- 3 Pet Gear Easy Step III – The Best Steps for Large Dogs
- 4 Pet Gear Stramp Stair and Ramp Combination for Dogs/Cats – The Best Puppy Ramp/ Cat Ramp for Bed or Couch
- 5 Pet Gear OneStep Stair/Ramp Combo for Dogs/Cats – The Best Doggy Step/ Large Dog Ramp
What Kind of Features are we Looking For?
There are quite a few features our dog stairs might provide.
Firstly, collapsibility and portability would be helpful. It’s nice to be able to use the best dog steps for bed at home, pick them up and then use them as a dog car ramp so our pups can come on adventures with us.
Secondly, the steps are stable- especially if we have a senior dog or a large breed dog (especially if our pup is both)!
And finally, a dog that has particularly limited mobility is going to need a ramp or smaller steps. So let’s keep that in mind while we’re looking.
- Foldable dog stairs for easy storage.
- Lightweight plastic so easy to move around the house.
- Comes in 2 sizes: standard and extra large so if you need some extra height, you have that option.
- Depending on the size, it can accommodate dogs weighing up to 150-200 pounds (read cons below).
- Some reviewers complained that it did not feel stable for large dogs. Some suggested bracing the stairs before letting your dog climb on and off.
- Plastic material these foldable pet stairs are made of feels a bit flimsy.
- Non-skid feet do not work well on all surfaces.
- Deeper pet stairs on Amazon to accommodate large dogs’ stride.
- Extra wide for more stability.
- Sturdy plastic frame, but still lightweight enough to easily move around.
- Bulky, not foldable for storage.
- Can be slippery, one reviewer suggested storing something inside the stairs to help with it moving away from the furniture.
- Stair height can be a little too steep for extra large breeds.
Pet Gear Stramp Stair and Ramp Combination for Dogs/Cats – The Best Puppy Ramp/ Cat Ramp for Bed or Couch
- Gently sloped design, great for dogs that are scared of stairs or smaller dogs that can’t make it up stairs. Also great for older, less able dogs.
- Easy to assemble, no tools required.
- Lightweight design for easy maneuvering around the house.
- Bulky, does not fold away for storage.
- Bottom can be slippery.
- The ramp starts four inches off the ground and can be a little high for very small dogs.
- Ideal for older and larger dogs.
- Wide enough for large dogs.
- It is very sturdy and feels very stable as stairs for large breed dogs.
- Easy assembly, snaps together
- It takes up a lot of floor space.
- Does not provide enough of a boost for very small dogs.